The Bellor Foundation awards grants directly to college students to assist them with college or university expenses.Grants may be used for any legitimate college-related expense, including books, fees, tuition, clothing, travel, supplies, etc. Entering Freshmen receive grants of $500 per semester. At the discretion of the Foundation, and based on a student's need and academic performance, Sophomores and Juniors are eligible to receive grants of $750 per semester. Seniors are eligible to receive grants of $1,000 per semester.
To be eligible to apply for a grant, you must:
1. be accepted to or already enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university;
2. have acceptable grades, preferably a “B” average;
3. be strongly motivated to enter and complete college;
4. have a strong sense of the goals you wish to pursue;
5. have a demonstrable financial need.
How to apply for a grant:
1. Send a letter telling the fonudation about yourself and including information about each of the above-noted eligibility rules, along with information about where and when you will be (or already are) attending college or university. Mailing Addess: Mary B. Dunne - 117 Adelaide Rd., Manchester CT 06040. E-mail address: email@example.com.
2. Provide information about your anticipatedtotal college costs per semester and what portion is already covered by scholarships, loans or other sources.
3. Provide the name, address and telephone number of the school’s Financial Aid Officer.
Deadlines:First-time applicants: May 31. Renewal applicants: Fall Semester: June 30. Spring Semester: December 31.
How to renew your grant:
At the close of each semester, you must send a letter or an e-mail to the Bellor Foundation using the following address, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
a brief summary of how you used your current grant;
number of credit hours taken and number of credit hours earned;
your grade point average;
your student identification number and a statement that you remain a student in good standing; and
your current mailing address and e-mail address.
If you have any questions, please feel free to or e-mail Mary B. Dunne at the address noted above.